Part 2: Six more dirty ingredients that are in our beauty products.
Posted on April 09 2020
In our last post we took a look at six of the twelve toxic chemicals we find in our beauty products. This week we are going to take a look at the next six.
A few weeks ago we discussed six chemicals that are found in our daily beauty routines. Now more than ever, it's important to keep our bodies healthy, and our immune system strong.
Here are the next six ingredients to check for in your cabinets.
7. PEG (Polyethyleneglycol): Found in many skincare products including sunscreens. This ingredient is harmful due to the levels of dioxin that are a by- product of the ethoxylation.
8. Phthalates: This ingredient is not usually listed on labels but can be damaging to the kidneys and liver and has been linked to decreased sperm count, birth defects and early puberty.
9. Propylene Glycol & Butylene Glycol: Often found in petroleum plastics and can be damaging to the brain, liver, and kidney.
10. SLS & SLES: Often found in foaming products as well as car washes and floor cleaners. It can be damaging to the eyes, breathing, mood, digestive system, and skin.
11. Sunscreen Chemicals: These include avobenzone, benzophenone, ethoxycinnamate, and PABA. These ingredients result in free radical formation in the body which is linked to cancers and DNA damage.
12. Triclosan: Often found in synthetic antibacterial products and has been classified as a pesticide by the Environmental Protection Agency. It has been suspected to increase cancer.
Now that we are home, and have a little extra time, take a quick scan of the products you are using daily. It's so important to read the labels, the fluff words on the front of the box, are exactly that, fluff. Read the labels. If you need any help with any of the ingredients, send me a message.
Now is the time, more than ever, that we need to practice self-care and treat ourselves and our bodies to luxuries that we would normally go to the spa for.
Now is the time to treat yourself to some self-care
We have lots of options for ways you can pamper yourself during this time, from body scrubs and face masks, to luxurious body butter to moisturize your dry skin. All our products are clean, safe and toxin-free! Here's a little discount of 15% off for you to try our products, just use the code THANKYOU at the checkout.
With a Smile,
PS: We are doing online orders with contactless deliveries. Plus Free Shipping over $50.
If you didn't read Part 1 - the link is here.