What gets me through the day.
Posted on January 04 2021
As we kick off 2021, we are all setting resolutions, goals and strategies to make this our best year ever.
As I sat down at my desk this morning, cracking open my new notebooks, (yes more than one, I am a notebook junkie) putting my new pens, pencils, clips in the holder, I realized there were a lot of Bloomiss products that I use at my desk all day, every day, that help get me through each day.
I wanted to share a little about each, why they help me, in case it's something you are needing to help you battle each day too.
Let's start with my most needed.
1. The Tension Balm Stick. I am hunched over my computer for most of the day, and when I am not on my computer, I am on my phone, again with my neck in the worst possible position. No matter how many times I try and remind myself to sit properly, once I am in work mode, my body does what it's comfortable doing. Soon my neck is all jammed and starts giving me a tension headache. We make the Tension Balm in a tin, but my go to at my desk is the stick. I can simply glide it on my neck with no mess to my hands. In 5 minutes the hot and cold sensation from the menthol crystals starts to kick in, helping loosen everything up. Then the arnica and camphor oils start to reduce the inflammation helping ease the pain and let's me keep working.
2. One of my biggest pet peeves is dry lips. I can't stand it! Drives me absolutely crazy. This is why our first product was lip balm! I could never find a lip balm that hydrated and moisturized. They always felt waxy, greasy, didn't absorb, or felt like I had to be constantly reapplying. Right now I am so addicted to our new Juicy Raspberry lip balm.
3. Next up is Balance Mist for any time you feel like you can't find your concentration and your mind is wandering reach for Balance Mist. I close my eyes (and mouth) and give my face a spritz. The combination of the floral waters, mixed with the special blend of essential oils helps shift your energy and allows you to focus. Added bonus it hydrates your skin and smells so delicious.
4. Everyone has dry hands right now, with all the extra washing and sanitizer our hands are all so dry, cracked, and sore. If you haven't tired Bloom Butter, now is the time. Here's how to use it, you need a tiny dash, (I always use the back of my thumb nail to get a little) then gently rub your hands together. It will start melting with your body temperature, but don't worry, it won't be GREASY! Keep massaging into your hands, nails, cuticles, and it will soon absorb in and start repairing your skin. Right now at my desk, I have been using the Enchanted Breeze scent, as the smell is uplifting on the overcast dull days of winter.
5. I tend to get a sense of panic late in the afternoon that I won't get everything I need to get done, DONE! This is when I reach for Chill Out Aromatherapy Roller. I roll the special essential oil blend on my wrists and do a few deep belly breathes to absorb in the aromatherapy. It helps to calm my mind down, so I can take a look at what I need to do, and finish my work without feeling overwhelmed.
6. Last but not least, is Blooming Gloss. I feel like my life is one big video call, some days I am back to back with just video meetings. I hated them at first, they felt so awkward, but it's the "new normal" so here we are, and I don't even think about them anymore. I do however make sure I have a lip gloss ready for the meeting so my smile can shine through. My first love has always been our primrose shade, so I do gravitate to that shade of lip gloss, but spiced and magnetic have been stealing my heart as well. They are all very natural looking shades, but give you just a little something something for your video calls.
Well that sums up what I keep at my desk to help me through the days.
What products do you keep at your desk? Let me know what I should add? If you need any more information on any of these products, as always, don't hesitate to reach out to me.
With a Smile,